AdvantageNFP Fundraiser for Membership
The simplest way to answer this is that your organisation provides a service or benefit to others, people or organisations. They then join your organisation to receive this service or benefit, thus becoming your members.
Members may have to pay a one-off or regular amount to receive this benefit. Or they may not have to pay because perhaps you provide a free service and receive your funding from elsewhere. You may offer varying levels of benefit based on the level of membership. Perhaps members can choose the level of membership based on the fee they pay or perhaps you choose their level of membership and the benefit they receive on other criteria.
Membership organisations vary considerably from charities to institutions, to trade associations and corporate bodies, but all share some common objectives and needs:
- To know who the member is and manage the relationship with this contact (CRM).
- To know who has paid what, when they paid and how they paid, to determine the benefits they can receive.
- To have a simple mechanism for managing renewals, annual or otherwise, and provide reminders for those who forget to renew and overdue letters when they forget to pay.
How can AdvantageNFP Fundraiser help you manage membership?
Any member subscribing to an involvement with your organisation is making a promise of future income. This promise is known in AdvantageNFP Fundraiser as a membership commitment.
Because AdvantageNFP Fundraiser’s commitment function is generalised, many types of membership commitment can be managed in a similar way, but tailored to meet your organisation’s unique needs. A flexible membership structure is one of AdvantageNFP Fundraiser’s key strengths and one of the many benefits provided.
For each membership commitment you can:
- Allow unlimited different membership levels.
- Set up membership subscription rates based on a wide range of criteria, including membership level (Friend, Gold Partner, Junior Club Member etc.) and type of membership (Adult, Child, Single, Joint, Family, Corporate, etc.).
- Set specific start dates for membership (e.g. the first of the month).
- Set up the start date, period (or open-ended), frequency of payment, and payment amount.
- Easily change these details to meet new requirements.
- Easily renew the membership commitment when completed, with standard renewal letters.
- Process any voluntary additional donation received with a membership subscription.
- Record a standing order or direct debit mandate associated with a member’s bank account.
- Manage direct debit processing automatically, including paperless direct debits.
- Check standing order or direct debit payments expected against a bank statement.
Redbourn Business Systems © 2017